Serves 6 portions
Simple to make and satisfying to eat. Cuts beautifully too ! Here is a vegan treat for those either missing meat, new vegans or nostalgic ones. Who cares, we’ve all got to eat, and eat you may – a meatless ‘meatloaf’ with lots of gusto, texture and rich taste. Serve with mashed potatoes and your favourite greens. Or any other way your appetite desires. Simply Epic !
1 x 300 grams packet of Beyond Meat Mince (thawed)
1 large white onion
3 garlic cloves
1 cup roasted pecan nuts
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
2 cups brown/wholewheat bread crumbs
salt & pepper to taste
2 zucchini/courgettes, sliced and fried until golden on both sides
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
a drizzle of olive oil
2 tsp maple syrup
a pinch of salt
METHOD FOR THE GLAZE
Place the ingredients in a large mug or Pyrex bowl, mix with a fork, AND set aside.
METHOD FOR THE LOAF
1. Process the bread and nutritional yeast into breadcrumbs, and place into a large bowl
2. Process the nuts until they break down and add to the breadcrumbs
3. Add the vegan mince (crumble) to the mix
4. Process the onions and garlic until well chopped, and add to the breadcrumb mix
5. Add the remaining ingredients and with clean hands knead to incorporate the ingredients well.
Set your oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
1. Grease a Pyrex loaf tin or other of your choice, then add the zucchini at the bottom (this is optional)
2. Press the mince gently into the loaf tin and straighten the base with a large spoon
3. Place in your pre-heated oven for around 25 minutes
4. When the loaf feels a little dry on the top, spoon on your glaze and place in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
5. Once it’s done, allow it to cool for 10 mins – score and serve.
All recipes and content © Miriam Sorrell www.mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to scroll down to the bottom of this page and leave us a constructive comment.
suitable for vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike