This wonderful salad goes well with just about every Middle Eastern dish. It’s rich in flavour, very appetizing, and is one of my favorites of its kind. To spice it up, you can also add chopped hot pepper. You can serve this along side any veggie burger, with falafel, accompanied by hot pita bread. It’s a great one to serve up for guests, and also fantastic as an accompaniment to vegan BBQs.
2 tomatoes, cut into small or medium cubes
2 cucumbers, cut into small or medium cubes
2 clove garlic, finely chopped
the juice of 1 lemon
½ cup (130 mL) water
1 Tbsp dried mint
olive oil (to garnish)
1 hot chili pepper, chopped
- Dice up tomatoes and cucumbers, and combine them together in a medium bowl.
- Crush your garlic, hot pepper and salt in a mortar. Add them in the bowl to your tomato and cucumbers.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce.
- Add the tahini, salt, lemon and water in a separate bowl and mix well. Tahini dressing takes a bit of stirring to blend well and become creamy.
- Pour dressing onto the salad, mix, and add the mint.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend, and for the dressing to marinate with the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Serve with a swirl of olive oil on top. And Enjoy !
All recipes and content © Miriam Sorrell www.mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENT BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENT ON THIS RECIPE. THANK YOU.