Ah, have not made stroganoff for a while now – but today I could wait no more. I used vegan burger sliced, instead of the beef, and I had beautiful button mushrooms in my refrigerator. The result was an astounding result – so very moorish, and quite incredibly delicious. My hope is that you will enjoy this again, and again. This creation of mine is very easy to make. I served ours with rice. YUMM !
- olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- around 20 button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of sliced vegan burger, roughly chopped lengthways, fried or grilled and set aside
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 cup vegan cream (I used soya, but feel free to choose another vegan alternative if you wish)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (optional)
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice/all spice
- 1 dessert spoon ground dried vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sherry
- fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnishing
Fry your onion and garlic in a large saucepan for a couple of minutes, making sure nothing burns.
Next, add the mushrooms and allow them to sweat for 5 minutes or so with a lid on them, mixing every now and then. When they have yielded their supreme juices (hence the title of my creation), add the remaining ingredients, except for the sliced vegan burger pieces, the cream and the sherry. Now add the flour, and mix for a minute or so.
Lower your heat, and allow to cook for a further 10 minutes, then add the sherry, followed by the cream 5 minutes later, and the burger pieces. Allow to cook on a low heat for a further few minutes until it has nicely thickened – and Voila ! Enjoy !!
All recipes, content & design © Miriam Sorrell www.mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave a constructive comment !