This is now a favourite of mine, it is so yummy and we devoured it in minutes. Med inspired, but with many of my MWV touches as always, to ensure ultimate pleasure. Child-friendly, therefore great for picky kids. It has a fair amount of ingredients, but the great thing is, it’s very easy to make.
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium sized zucchini (courgette), processed until small
3 medium sized mushrooms (around 1½ cups), half processed until very small
1 Tbsp vegan margarine (leave it out if you wish)
olive oil for frying
2 Tbsp tomato paste
½ cup (125 mL) wine (white or red) – or else use grape juice as a non-alcoholic alternative
1 tsp curry powder
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until slightly golden, then add the remaining veggies. Stir them until they begin to soften, then add your tomato paste.
- Now add your veggie mince (ground crumble) – I used Linda McCartney.
- Next, add the wine and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Finish off by adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover, and simmer for half an hour or a little longer if needs be. Taste for salt – the sauce should be a deep red colour, and must thicken nicely. Serve with your favourite pasta – fusilli works very well. Enjoy !
All recipes and content © Miriam Sorrell www.mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENT BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENT ON THIS RECIPE. THANK YOU.