It’s delicious, colourful, optimistic, great for spring, beach trips and picnics, or a side dish for vegan barbeques, parties, light lunches – you name it. It’s ideal – enjoy this!!! The flavours are diverse, contrasting and enjoyed by all !!! Once you chop everything, the rest is fast and easy . . . as is eating it.
Serves around 4 portions.
INGREDIENTS FOR RICE SALAD
- 1 cup cooked American rice
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ¾ cup mixed red and green peppers
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 medium sized zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsps fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup mixed chopped parsley and mint
- 6 olives, cut into small pieces
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- ½ cup vegan cheese of your choice, cut into small squares
- 1 apple, chopped into small squares
- ¼ cup golden sultanas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
Place the cooked rice in a medium sized bowl and add the above ingredients. Mix and serve. Refrigerate what’s left. Enjoy !!!
All recipes, content & design © Miriam Sorrell www.mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave a constructive comment !